We all know visual marketing works. Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. Not to mention, infographics are Liked or shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content. The problem is, it can be hard to actually create these visuals — especially when… Continue reading 195+ Perfectly Optimized Design Templates for Email, Social Media & More [Free Templates]
When you're designing cover photos, graphics, and other social media assets, sometimes knowing the bare bones image dimensions isn't enough.
A cheat sheet of the sizes and dimensions for photos and images on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, and Google+.
What if you wanted to place text or an arrow on your Facebook cover photo without it getting covered by the profile photo? And what about the shared link thumbnails on Facebook or in-stream photos on Twitter ... how big should those be?
Download pre-sized cover photo templates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube for free here.
If you're looking for a detailed guide to social media photo sizes -- including recommended dimensions, minimum and maximum dimensions, image scale, and more -- then this is it.
The infographic below from Jamie Spencer of MakeAWebsiteHub.com is a great reference to bookmark or keep close-at-hand the next time you're creating an image for your social media profile.
Photo & Image Dimensions for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and More
Facebook Image Sizes
- Cover photo: 815 px wide by 315 px tall
- Profile image: 180 px wide by 180 px tall
- Highlighted image: 1200 px wide by 717 px tall
- Shared image: 1200 px wide by 630 px tall
- Shared link thumbnail image: 1200 px wide by 627 px tall
LinkedIn Image Sizes
- Background image: 1500 px wide by 425 px tall
- Profile image: 400 px wide by 400 px tall
- Career cover photo: 974 px wide by 330 px tall
- Banner image: 646 px wide by 220 px tall (minimum)
- Standard logo: 400 px wide by 400 pixels tall (maximum)
Pinterest Image Sizes
- Profile image: 165 px wide by 165 px tall
- Board display: 22 px wide by 150 px tall
- Pin sizes: 236 px wide
Instagram Image Sizes
- Profile image: 110 px wide by 110 px tall
- Photo size: 1080 px wide by 1080 px tall
- Photo thumbnails: 161 px wide by 161 px tall
Twitter Image Sizes
- Header photo: 1500 px wide by 500 px tall
- Profile image: 400 px wide by 400 px tall
- In-stream photo: 440 px wide by 220 px tall
YouTube Image Sizes
- Video uploads: 1280 px wide by 760 px tall
- Channel cover photo: 2560 px wide by 1440 px tall
Tumblr Image Sizes
- Profile image: 128 px wide by 128 px tall
- Image post: 500 px wide by 750 px tall
Google+ Image Sizes
- Profile image: 250 px wide by 250 px tall
- Cover image: 1080 px wide by 608 px tall
- Shared image (on home stream): 497 px wide by 373 px tall
- Shared image (on feed or your page): 150 px wide by 150 px tall
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in October 2013 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
As the old adage goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. And with marketers steadily increasing their visual content budget year over year, it seems that this visual exchange rate now carries even more weight.
In terms of visually displaying information, infographics serve as an ideal way to convey a complex idea in an interesting and manageable format. Whether it’s a comprehensive side-by-side comparison, a lengthy timeline, or robust collection of numbers and statistics, a well-designed infographic can help you make your point without fussing over a ton of words.
The big issue is, of course, the amount of time needed to create infographics. Nearly 66% of marketers reported that both lack of time and staff resources are the biggest challenge to creating effective visual marketing, according to a report from Digiday and Chute.
That’s where we come in. We’ve created 20 fully customizable infographic templates that will give you the inspiration and foundation you need to build your own infographics — 15 templates in PowerPoint with an additional five versions in Adobe Illustrator. Here’s a sneak peak at what you can expect:
These customizable templates are easy to execute on and offer you the flexibility to experiment with different styles, layouts, colors, and fonts.
Download the full set of templates today to start creating quality infographics for your next blog post, campaign, or meeting.