But there are other advantages to adding closed captions to videos not just for long-haul flights but for video as a whole and its use in the digital world. Some video marketing statistics for 2015 courtesy of Eric Guerin is the founder of Adelie Studios.
The Top 15 Video Marketing Statistics for 2015
(Now jam packed with 43% more cat video puns!)
- 59% of viewers will watch a video to completion that is less than one minute. – Wistia
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. – Invodo
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video. – Forbes
(39% have called a vendor after watching a video)
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. – MarketingProfs
- When marketers included a video in an email, the click-through rate increased by 200% – 300% – Forrester
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video. – Mist Media
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. – YouTube
(That’s a lot of cat videos!)
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. – comScore
- Visitors who view videos stay on web sites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos – comScore
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. – Forbes Insight
- Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more. – ReelSEO
(Read about how our client got a 34% increase in conversions)
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80% – Unbounce
- Mobile makes up almost 40% of global watch time on YouTube. – YouTube
(6 billion hours of video are watched monthly on YouTube)
- 1.8 Million Words is the value of one minute of video. – Dr. James McQuivey, Forrester
- Only 24% of brands are using online video to market to consumers. – Kantar Media
What Does Closed Caption Mean vs Subtitles?
Closed captions are the text version of speech being spoken in the video and “closed” means that is it a choice for the viewer to select the option for “closed captions”. Video captions are also useful when in a quiet environment and the sound is required to be muted for example in hospitals or when it is difficult to hear what is being said.
Subtitles, however, are used for translating a foreign language on a video into another language for example English to Spanish or French to English. Closed captions are required for broadcasting on Television while subtitles have more specific constraints on them for their use.
So as video is such a powerful tool in this digital age video captioning can bring more awareness of your video’s existence in Search Engine Results Pages. Just adding an accurate transcript to your video gives so much more information to Search Engine bots it will rank higher over others with just the basic title and possibly a brief description.
In YouTube, you can edit the speech of what is being said by the person or persons in the video. However, this can be quite time consuming if it is a quite a lengthy video and you are not a transcriptionist or typist! Hiring a transcriptionist can be a cost efficient way and of one of the easiest way you can immediately enhance your video’s awareness to search engine bots.
Accurate closed captioning and subtitling will not happen without a conscious effort and a great deal of time. Virtuadmin Transcription can assist and provide you with “error-free” closed captions.
How can you avoid common errors for video closed captioning? Hire Virtuadmin Transcription for your business transcription services for companies of all sizes — we will assist you with any queries you might have about how to add closed captions and subtitles to your videos or a closed captions file for you to upload at your convenience.
What is your opinion of closed captioning? Do you use closed captions or subtitles with your business or marketing videos? Why do you or why do you not? Please let us know by leaving your thought and sharing this article with your colleagues and business connections. Visit our website www.virtuadmin.uk or comment on this post, it would be great to hear your views.
– J. Doughty | Virtu@dmin
6th February 2015