A Guide For Audio Transcription
Transcription is the process of turning recorded dialogue into an accurate word-for-word account of what was discussed.
A human transcriber has things to consider when audio transcribing. Here is the 5-Step guide that anyone can use.
1) Play the audio back to yourself. Can you understand the participants clear enough?
2) Special requirements such as a full verbatim transcription, time-stamping or special formatting requirements will take extra time.
3) Advise the transcriptionist of any complex topics.
4) Advise the transcriptionist if there more than 2 participants to transcribe. This again will delay the transcription process slightly.
5) A human transcriber will always provide a quick and accurate transcript. AI transcription you will still have to check the transcript and edit accordingly.
Bonus Tip: Remember a transcriptionist software does not automatically transcribe the audio!